2020 Codes Are the Stars of Q4 ICD-10 Coding Clinic®
What's new in FY2020 for ICD-10 codes and guidelines? AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, Volume 6, Number 4, has lots of answers to share. From adenosine deaminase deficiency to Z code updates, this fourth quarter issue offers authoritative information on diagnosis code changes. Inpatient coders will benefit from the explanations about peripheral artery bifurcation qualifier changes (1,800 deletions!), new technology updates in Section X, and a whole lot more.
There are 68 pages in this update-focused issue, and below you'll find some examples of codes and keywords you can search on TCI SuperCoder's Coding Clinic Connector to get answers:
- Adenosine deaminase deficiency: D81.30-D81.32, D81.39
- Aneurysm treatment: 03V
- Atrial fibrillation: I48.11, I48.19-I48.21
- Bifurcation qualifier: 037, 03C, 047, 04C, 04V
- Breast lump: C50.8, N63.15, N63.25
- Cyclical vomiting: G43.A0, G43.A1, R11.15
- Deep vein thrombosis: I82.451-I82.469, I82.551-I82.569
- Heat stroke: R56.9, T67.02, T67.09, Y93.67
- ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines, 2020: D49, I21.0-I21.4, L89, O03, O04, O07, T88, Z51.0, Z51.1, Z68, Z71.84, Z85
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines, 2020: X2A5312
- Intestinal bypass: 0D1
- Irrigation of joint: 3E1
- Orbit fracture: S02.1, S02.8
- Pyuria: N39.0, R82.81, R82.89
- Section X, new technology: X27, X2A, XT2, XW0, XXE
- Z code update: Z01.020, Z01.021, Z11.7, Z22.7, Z68, Z71.84, Z86.000-Z86.008, Z86.15, Z96.82.
This issue also manages to fit in a few Ask the Editor questions. Here are the topics you'll find:
- Hierarchy of conventions, Official Guidelines
- Mesenteric vein thrombosis: I81, K55.039
- Social determinants of health: Z55-Z65.