ICD-9 XREF Expands to CPT-ICD-9 CrossRef
February 5, 2013
Tons of Coding Solutions subscribers asked for an ICD-9 to CPT® CrossRef and SuperCoder has now fulfilled that request three fold. Get the top associated CPT® codes for a given ICD-9 volume 1 code or vise versa from one of three new places.
- On a complete ICD-9 code details page under the green Crosswalks bar, click on the CPT CROSSREF tab. You’ll see CPT ®codes associated with the page’s ICD-9 code.
- Access the two-way tool directly from SuperCoder’s main menu by hovering over Coding Tools and selecting from the dropdown menu: CPT↔ICD-9 CrossRef.
Plug in a CPT® or ICD-9 code and results for the other codeset will appear.
- On a Coder home page under the Tools & Reference bar, click on the CPT↔ICD-9 CrossRef tab (previously titled: ICD-9 XREF). You get instant access to the same tool that's available in the dropdown menu right on your Coder home page.
With the addition of CPT↔ICD-9 CrossRef to Coding Solutions, be your practice’s hero thanks to these added benefits.
CPT↔ICD-9 CrossRef Saves Money,
- Dodge #1 denial reason by ensuring your ICD-9 code matches the CPT® code
- Match ICD-9 to CPT® codes and visa versa from one of three in-work-flow points.
- Look up CPT↔ICD-9 code links as you’re searching without switching places
- Jump from ICD-9 volume 1 code to associated CPT® code details in a single click - just click on a blue code
- Research the potential source of repeat denials with CPT↔ICD-9 CrossRef
- Autosuggests complete codes as you type so you get to your code faster.