Take Advantage of the Latest Coding Clinic's Advice on ICD-10 2019 Updates
ICD-10 2019 changes get well-deserved attention in AHA Coding Clinic® for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS, Vol. 5, No. 4. Most of this issue’s 94 pages(!) cover updates to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes and guidelines. Whether your specialty saw a lot of changes or you need to know more about a change for a rare code, there’s a good chance you’ll learn something from these articles.
To get spot-on guidance on 2019 updates, type a code or keyword into TCI SuperCoder's Coding Clinic Connector search box. Here are just a few of the topics and codes you’ll find from Vol. 5, No. 4:
- Abnormal urine findings: E72.53, R82.991-R82.994, R82.998
- Acute appendicitis: A41.9, K35.20, K35.21, K35.30, K35.31, K35.32, K35.33, K35.890, K35.891
- Articulating spacer, hip, knee joint: 0SP, 0SR
- Blepharitis: H01.00-H01.02
- Body mass index: E66.01, O99.214, R62.51, Z68.5
- Ecstasy poisoning: F16.10, T43.64
- Elevated lipoprotein: E78.41, E78.49, Z83.430, Z83.438
- Epistaxis control: R04.0, 093, 093K8ZZ, 2Y41X5Z
- Eyelid neoplasms: C43.11-C43.12, C4A.11-C4A.12, C44.112-C44.119, C44.122-C44.129, C44.131-C44.139, C44.192-C44.199, C44.102-C44.109, D03.11-D03.12, D04.11-D04.12, D22.11-D22.12, D23.11-D23.12
- ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines changes: A92.5, F10.9, H40.10, I21.01, I21.11, I21.A1, O86.00-O86.04, R65.2, T81.40, X30, Y63.6, Z55-Z65, Z85
- ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines changes
- Muscular dystrophy: G71.00-G71.02, G71.09, 0PH504Z, 0PU50KZ, 0PU507Z, 0QB20ZZ
- Urethral stricture: N35.016, N35.116, N35.811-N35.814, N35.816, N35.819, N35.82, N35.911-N35.914, N35.916, N35.919, N35.92, N99.116
- Waterjet ablation: N40.1, R33.8, XV5, XV508A4.
The latest Coding Clinic® also manages to pack in its targeted Ask the Editor section, providing answers for specific scenarios. To find the help you need, search for codes and keywords like these on TCI SuperCoder’s Coding Clinic Connector:
- Acute myeloid leukemia: C92.0, C95.9
- Anemia: D53.9, D64.9
- Excludes1 note: I73.9, I96
- Fine needle aspiration, lymphatic
- Hypertension, diabetes, chronic kidney disease: E11.22, I12.9, N18.9.