CPT® 2018 Changes to Respiratory Coding Lead Latest HCPCS Coding Clinic®
Ready for an anatomy lesson? AHA Coding Clinic® for HCPCS, Vol. 17, No. 4, gives you a quick snapshot of the physical structures involved in laryngoscopy. The CPT® 2018 code set made a lot of changes to coding for this procedure, and the Coding Clinic article takes you through those, too.
To improve your laryngoscopy know-how and take a tour of more coding changes in the issue’s FYI section, look up these codes and keywords on SuperCoder’s Coding Clinic Connector:
- Biosimilar product modifier: Q5102, ZB, ZC
- Flu vaccine: 90674, 90756, Q2039
- Inpatient-only list, removed: 27447, 43282, 43772-43774, 55866
- Laryngoscopy: 31572-31579, 31622, 43200, 92612-92617
- Pass-through status: C9014-C9016, C9024, C9028, C9029, C9491-C9494, J7345, J9203
- Proprietary laboratory analyses: 0024U-0034U
- X-ray, chest: 71010, 71015, 71020-71023, 71030, 71034, 71035, 71045-71048.
The Ask the Editor section has its always-helpful collection of answers, too. Look up these codes and keywords to get details:
- Automatic positive airway pressure: 94660
- Excision, cyst and osteophytes: 26160, 26210
- Instillation, mitomycin-C: 51720, 52235, J9280, 59
- Reconstruction, tibial tendon: 27691, 28899
- Reinforcement, breast implant pocket: 19340, 19380
- Subchondroplasty: 29855
- Zenker’s diverticulostomy: 43180.