Keep Central Venous Catheter Coding On-Target With Latest AHA HCPCS Coding Clinic®
Central venous catheters are a hot topic at the AHA Central Office, according to AHA HCPCS Coding Clinic®, vol. 19, no. 2. The top article in this latest issue takes you through 2019 coding for this complex area, covering CPT® for PICCs and midline catheters and HCPCS OPPS codes, too.
Along with catheter coding help, the latest issue also lists July 1 Category III updates and more.
Here is a selection of the codes and keywords you can search on TCI SuperCoder's Coding Clinic Connector:
- CAR T-cell therapy: 0537T-0540T, Q2041, Q2042
- Central venous catheter: 36400, 36405, 36406, 36410, 36568, 36569, 36572, 36573, 36584, 37799, 76937, 77001, C1751, C1769, C1788, C1894
- CPT® Category III July 2019: 0543T-0562T
- HCPCS April 2019: C9040-C9046, C9141
- HCPCS Level II application process
- MedPAC recommendation, emergency department coding guidelines
- Subchondroplasty, arthroscopic: 29855, 50.
You also get answers to a dozen questions in the Ask the Editor section in this second quarter issue. Search for these codes and terms on TCI SuperCoder's Coding Clinic Connector to increase your knowledge:
- Biopsy, tongue: 31575, 41100, 41105, 41110, 41116
- Browlift, endoscopic: 67999
- Chamberlain, mediastinotomy: 39010
- Chemotherapy injection, lymph node: 96405, J9325
- HIDA duct, nuclear medicine: 78226, 78227
- LINX and hiatal hernia repair: 43281, 43284
- Lupron, hospital outpatient: J1950, J9217, J9218
- Martius flap rotation: 20926, 53230, 59
- Osteotomy, sagittal split: 21196, 21199
- Pacemaker lead, bundle of HIS: 33999
- Sclera suture removal: 15850
- Vaginal cuff, allograft.