Is Your Coding PICC-Perfect? Get Can't-Miss Tips From May CPT® Assistant
Even if you know how to choose among the large number of peripherally inserted central venous catheter (PICC) codes in the CPT® code set, you may forget some of the nuances. The just-released May CPT® Assistant helps improve your coding with clinical examples and tips like what to do when the provider does not perform confirmation of the catheter-tip location.
Add to your PICC expertise and more by searching these codes and keywords from CPT® Assistant, vol. 29, issue 5, on TCI SuperCoder’s Code Connect:
- BRCA1, BRCA2 molecular pathology: 81162-81167, 81211, 81213-81217, 81432, 81479
- Errata and technical corrections information
- Peripherally inserted central venous catheter: 36555, 36556, 36568, 36569, 36572, 36573, 36584, 76937, 77001
- Structural allograft: 20930-20934, 20955-20957, 27075-27078, 27645-27648.
Surgery, radiology, and medicine FAQs all feature in the May 2019 issue, too. Check for these codes and keywords in TCI SuperCoder’s Code Connect to learn more:
- Conscious sedation: 99152, 99153
- Fine needle aspiration, nodular thyroid gland: 10005, 10021
- Multielectrode neurostimulation lead: 64999
- Musculoskeletal surgery, meniscal root, Charcot: 20692, 27403, 28735, 29882
- Radiologic examination, single view abdomen: 71045, 74018, 74022
- Spirometry: 94010, 94617, 94618, 94621.