Discover What HCPCS Coding Clinic® Has to Say About Cardiac Cath Coding
When you code cardiac catheterizations and coronary angiography, you can never have enough official guidance. AHA Coding Clinic® for HCPCS, Vol. 17, No. 3, addresses coding for these heart procedures, offering a refresher on what’s included and what you may code separately for additional reimbursement.
To read this article and get updates on codes implemented in recent months, search for these codes and keywords on SuperCoder’s Coding Clinic Connector:
- Biosimilar biological product modifiers: Q5102, ZB, ZC
- Blood platelets pathogen testing: P9072, Q9987, Q9988
- Cardiac catheterization and coronary angiography: 93451-93461, 93530-93533, 93566, 93568
- Category III CPT® codes: 0469T-0478T
- HCPCS codes: C9491-C9494, C9745-C9747, Q9984-Q9986
- Proprietary lab analyses: 0004U-0023U.
The latest issue also offers plenty of helpful hints in its Ask the Editor section. Search for these codes and keywords to learn more:
- Adrenal gland biopsy, CT guided: 49180, 60699, 76360, 77012
- Bone marrow harvesting: 27299, 38220, 38232, 0232T, S2325
- Chest reconstruction after mastectomy: 11900, 13100, 13102, 14301, 19366, 20926, J3301
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography: 44799
- Torn medial meniscus: 29881, 29999
- Tenotomy, percutaneous: 27599.