Janet Posted Thu 06th of February, 2020 11:39:27 AM
Good morning, I am new to the neurosurgery coding and need help in an allograft question (#3) PROCEDURE:
1. C4-C5, C5-C6 anterior cervical diskectomy.
2. C4-C5, C5-C6 anterior cervical 2-level arthrodesis.
3. C4-C5, C5-C6 anterior cervical 2-level fusion with these Zero-P cortical allograft/interbody spacer and plating/fixation device, x2, C4-5 and C5-6
4. Use of intraoperative microscope.
5. Use of intraoperative fluoroscopy.
6. Somatosensory evoked potential and EEG monitoring.
Would this device / allograft be 22899 or 22853 plus 20931 ? thank you in advance for your help.
SuperCoder Answered Fri 07th of February, 2020 07:23:12 AM
Thank you for your question.
The Correct code to bill for C4-C5, C5-C6 placement of interbody prosthesis will be 22853. However, this code will be billed along with the primary code. Feel free to ask for any further query.