Lynn Posted Fri 04th of November, 2016 14:05:02 PM
Type A dissection repair including:
1. Aortic root repair with root reconstruction and STJ reconstruction, aortic valve resuspension.
2. Ascending and hemiarch replacement with hypothermia circulatory arrest, 30-millimeter Dacron graft.
3. Intrathoracic right subclavian artery cannulation and repair with 8 millimeter graft.
4. I examined the perfusion of visceral branches and left and right femoral arteries.
5. Frozen elephant trunk replacement with HCA, 28 millimeter x 10 centimeter stent graft, CTAG Gore.
Thank you so much for your help
SuperCoder Answered Mon 07th of November, 2016 13:15:44 PM
our team is working on your query, will get back to you soon.
SuperCoder Answered Tue 08th of November, 2016 03:46:29 AM
the CPT code for the above procedure will be 33863. Thank you.
Lynn Posted Tue 08th of November, 2016 05:35:32 AM
there are 5 procedures I requested assistance on and you are saying only 33863 for all of these? Please review again as I have been waiting since last week and do not feel this answer is correct. Thank you
SuperCoder Answered Wed 09th of November, 2016 06:41:13 AM
The elephant trunk is actually a graft. The code for this is 33870 but we need to submit it with modifier 59 to rule out bundling. For rest of the procedure (Aortic root repair with root reconstruction and STJ reconstruction, aortic valve resuspension. 2. Ascending and hemiarch replacement ) we can select code from the range 33860-33864. Since very limited information is available, we would request for more operative details, so that our team works to be more accurate with coding for the procedure above. Thank you.