Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Visual Fields

Lisa m Posted Thu 12th of July, 2012 17:01:43 PM

Cpt code 92082. Description reads unilateral or bilateral. If you are only doing test on one eye, how do you bill? Would you use a 52 modifier for reduced services?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 12th of July, 2012 19:40:48 PM

CPT defines this test as unilateral or bilateral, and it should be reported the same way whether it is performed on one or both eyes: Always report the units as 1, with no price adjustment for unilateral or bilateral. An interpretation and report of the data must also be included.

Related Topics