Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Cherie Posted Thu 03rd of December, 2015 12:10:05 PM

My Dr. always wants to bill 52001 w/ 52214, which can be unbundled w/ the proper modifier. But, most of the time, he is not fulgurating the areas that are listed for the 52214 (trigone, bladder neck, prostatic fossa, urethra, or periurethral glands) What would be the best code to use in this instance. He generally fulgurates different areas in the bladder. Thanks, just want to justify and clarify for the Dr.

SuperCoder Answered Fri 04th of December, 2015 05:49:35 AM

Thanks for your query,

There is no specific code for such procedures. You can use unlisted procedure CPT code for that kind of scenario.

Related Topics