Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Cherie Posted Wed 22nd of June, 2016 12:44:22 PM
Dr. did removal of large amount of mesh material that has eroded into the bladder and he did an open procedure. He wants to charge 51865. Please advise
SuperCoder Answered Thu 23rd of June, 2016 04:49:20 AM
Thanks for your query. Though it is not clear from this limited information, yet for your information, if it was a mesh from the previous sling operation for stress incontinence, then you should report cpt code 57287. Code suggested above (51865) should be reported in case there is rupture or injury of the bladder and repair of bladder is required. Thanks.

Related Topics