Clinical Documentation: Connecting the Dots | Join Webinar & Earn 1 AAPC® CEURegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Debra Posted Wed 01st of January, 2020 15:38:59 PM
Rarely can we get a UDS covered by medicare or commercial insurance. These are obtained on pt's on ADHD and other controlled substances. How can we code this to get reimbursed. Presently we use 80306 with Z02.89 and sometimes a Dependence code.
SuperCoder Answered Thu 02nd of January, 2020 04:09:54 AM

Hi Debra,

Thanks for your question.

ICD Z51.81 (Encounter for therapeutic drug level monitoring) is correct code to bill with 80306.

NOTE: Along with ICD Z51.81 also code any long-term (current) drug therapy (Z79).

Related Topics