Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Transgender Question

Tierni Posted Wed 02nd of October, 2019 11:49:59 AM
We're billing a claim for a male to female transgender that came into the office with testicular pain. The diagnosis code for testicular pain is gender-specific to a man. However, the patient is listed as a female with the insurance company. Is there a modifier or transgender diagnosis code we can pair with this in order to get the claim paid?
SuperCoder Answered Thu 03rd of October, 2019 07:47:16 AM

Hi Tierni,


The closest diagnosis code for the above scenario will be F64.0 -Transsexualism (Gender identity disorder in adolescence and adulthood) or (Gender dysphoria in adolescents and adults). However, this is a peculiar scenario, so you may get in touch with your insurance company and discuss this issue with them as well.

Hope it helps.

Related Topics