Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Titration of J tube placement for enteral supsension

Luz Posted Mon 23rd of March, 2015 09:41:38 AM

I would like your help with billing for the titration visit that will last about half a day for 4 days after the J tube placement with gel solutions of levodopa( carbidopa and levodopa)enteral supsension for Parkinson’s patients. What would be the appropriate codes to use, 99212-99215 or 6499,95999,99199. Also would J7799 be appropriate. Currently there is no codes available for this service. The placement of the tube is done by a GI surgeon and the titratiion by a neurologist. One more thing, if done incident to does the NP need to be certified to provide this prodedure.

Your input is appreciated.

SuperCoder Answered Tue 24th of March, 2015 09:18:59 AM

The correct code for billing the enteral suspension is J7799, and for titration service by a neurologist, I am leaning towards CPT 64999. As far as the NP question is concerned, there are NO specific certifications for NPs to become eligible provider for the service, however a neurologist takes the decision for dosage calculation.

Related Topics