Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

swan-ganz catheter placement

Debbie Posted Wed 16th of June, 2010 14:06:31 PM

Our IR docs have been asked to place Swan-ganz catheters lately. Is code 93503 the only thing we can bill or can us guidance for the initial access be billed also?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 17th of June, 2010 06:38:40 AM

As for reporting the ultrasound code, nothing in CPT prohibits from reporting US guidance 76937 for vein localization for Swan-Ganz placement. However, you must be able to provide sufficient documentation of permanent recording and reporting before using 76937. If the equipment cannot generate an ultrasound record, then do not report 76937.

Related Topics