Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Submandibular duct relocation

Sarah Posted Thu 11th of June, 2020 14:08:31 PM
Good Afternoon. What CPT code would you use for this procedure? I was looking at 42500, 42505, and 42507. 42507 would fit if it stated submandibular duct not parotid. Please help. Thanks.
SuperCoder Answered Fri 12th of June, 2020 06:21:55 AM

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your question.
Please be informed that we do not have a CPT code for Submandibular duct relocation. So, an unlisted code 42699 (Unlisted procedure, salivary glands or ducts) should be reported.
Please feel free to write if you have any question.
Sarah Posted Fri 12th of June, 2020 08:05:27 AM
Would the 42507 be a good comparison code?
SuperCoder Answered Mon 15th of June, 2020 05:37:45 AM

Yes, code 42507 (Parotid duct diversion, bilateral (Wilke type procedure)) would be a good comparison code.


Hope this helps.



Related Topics