Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Brenda Posted Tue 29th of November, 2011 22:12:39 PM

I am looking for some help with billing for teaching/supervision sublingual immunotherapy.
My provider will be having patients come in the office anywhere from 2-3 times to receive direction on self administrating the new sublingual immunotherapy that is available. The initial visit would be w/the physician but following that it would be with our nurse. Once the nurse feels comfortable that the pt can safely self admin. we will no longer require the patients to come into the office. They will have purchased the medication themselves so we will only be billing for the visit.

Would it be correct in billing an appropriate level E/M with the initial visit w/phys. and the following visits 99211 as nursing visits? I am also looking at 95165 and wondering if that code would apply to the direction and supervision of self administration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

SuperCoder Answered Wed 30th of November, 2011 03:18:40 AM

Yes, for billing teaching and supervision of sublingual immunotherapy you can bill appropriate level of E/M and with all services which are not face-to-face with the physician should be billed 99211.
Regarding all other immunization and administration services, I think we should refer to guidelines as follows:

Related Topics