Kelly Posted Tue 09th of October, 2012 20:44:20 PM
What are the common codes for spirometry testing in a physicians office?
SuperCoder Answered Tue 09th of October, 2012 20:57:46 PM
Procedures that your pulmonologist might have performed include:
• 94010 -- Spirometry, including graphic record, total and timed vital capacity, expiratory flow rate measurement(s), with or without maximal voluntary ventilation
• 94060 -- Bronchodilation responsiveness, spirometry as in 94010, pre- and post-bronchodilator administration
• 94070 -- Bronchospasm provocation evaluation, multiple spirometric determinations as in 94010, with administered agents (e.g., antigen[s], cold air, methacholine)
• 94620 -- Pulmonary stress testing; simple (e.g., 6-minute walk test, prolonged exercise test for bronchospasm with pre- and post-spirometry and oximetry)
• 94664 -- Demonstration and/or evaluation of patient utilization of an aerosol generator, nebulizer, metered dose inhaler or IPPB device
• 94640 -- Pressurized or nonpressurized inhalation treatment for acute airway obstruction or for sputum induction for diagnostic purposes (e.g., with an aerosol generator, nebulizer, metered dose inhaler or intermittent positive pressure breathing [IPPB] device
• 94667 -- Manipulation chest wall, such as cupping, percussing, and vibration to facilitate lung function; initial demonstration and/or evaluation.