Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

school acceptance physicals

Maritza Posted Fri 30th of May, 2014 08:00:47 AM

While I have searched for a cpt code to use with V70.3, I am having trouble understanding whether or not to use 99213, 99401 or 99393. Can someone help me? This patient had physical during the year however, the college will not accept the date and will require one within two months prior to attending college.

SuperCoder Answered Fri 30th of May, 2014 11:24:30 AM

The answer depends on the documentation, but in general you can report 99213 if the doctor found a separate problem during the physical (such as scoliosis or an ear infection). If it's purely a well child visit and you know the insurer won't pay for it because the child had a physical already this year, you may need to bill the parent directly.

Related Topics