Lynn Posted Wed 16th of November, 2016 10:11:32 AM
our gyn dr . resection of bladder serosa upper vaginamobilization of pelvic sidewalls inclu retoroperitoneal dissection of ureter for rectal cancer while another service performed bowel resection not sure where to begin for our gyn docs for a code
SuperCoder Answered Thu 17th of November, 2016 01:19:18 AM
Greetings from SuperCoder.com!
As per limited documentation provided, you may use the following codes:
- 51530 – use this code for resection of bladder serosa if your physician has performed excision of bladder tumor with cystotomy.
- Vaginal mobilization is done to gain access to the site of operation, so it should not be coded separately.
- Retroperitoneal dissection of ureter is also done to gain access to the site of operation, so it should not be coded separately.
- 44110 – you may use this code for bowel resection for “Excision of 1 or more lesions of small or large intestine not requiring anastomosis, exteriorization, or fistulization; single enterotomy”.
- C20 – ICD-10 code for rectal cancer.
Please feel free to write if you have any further questions.