Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Repair of Endoleak years after EVAR

Hwa Posted Fri 19th of December, 2014 19:03:55 PM

The surgeon did an EVAR of a AAA "years ago." The patient now presents with an endoleak. A graft is placed in the iliac artery between the main body of the AAA graft and the displaced iliac limb to cover the endoleak. What dx and cpt codes should be used for this?

SuperCoder Answered Tue 23rd of December, 2014 07:27:17 AM

We are researching on it and will get back to you ASAP. Thanks !!

SuperCoder Answered Tue 23rd of December, 2014 07:27:17 AM
SuperCoder Answered Fri 26th of December, 2014 09:21:57 AM

Thanks for your query !!

CPT code: 34825, Placement of proximal or distal extension prosthesis for endovascular repair of infrarenal abdominal aortic or iliac aneurysm, false aneurysm, or dissection; initial vessel.

ICD code: 996.1, Mechanical complication of other vascular device implant and graft.

Thanks !!

Related Topics