Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

rental equipment

Brenda Posted Wed 08th of June, 2011 19:58:40 PM

I am needing help w/billing for rental equipment. The office I work for has supplies, rollabout, crutches ect that we want to rent to pt's so that they do not have to purchase the items. Can I bill ins. for rentals, and where do I find the correct codes?

SuperCoder Answered Wed 08th of June, 2011 20:30:41 PM

There are many code which are used for billing rental equipments, for example: S9109,S9098, K0738, E1392, E1390, E1391, E0431, E0434, E0439, E0424

Brenda Posted Wed 08th of June, 2011 20:46:27 PM

How do I indicate that the HCPS code I am billing is for rental and not purchase?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 09th of June, 2011 14:10:13 PM

Please check the code descriptions. You will be able to understand the reason of using these codes for rental.

Related Topics