Clinical Documentation: Connecting the Dots | Join Webinar & Earn 1 AAPC® CEURegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Removing & inserting new feedin tube

Yen Posted Fri 08th of June, 2012 23:34:28 PM

Our doctor removed a malfunctioning G-tube and inserted a new one in one visit at the office. Can I bill using 99212 + 43760?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 11th of June, 2012 07:11:06 AM

Yes, 43760 is the correct CPT code for the G-tube change.
However you should not report 99212 along with 43760 if there is no separate medical necessity.
In case of separate medical necessity use 43760 & 99212-25

Related Topics