Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Radiation Oncology

Dean Posted Thu 15th of February, 2018 18:28:10 PM
The radiation oncologist is seeing a patient, who is inpatient, at his outpatient facility. The radiation oncology practice is own by the hospital system. Would these services be inpatient or outpatient?
SuperCoder Answered Fri 16th of February, 2018 07:43:57 AM

Hi Dean,

As per the above documentation, the service should go as inpatient. However, the question remains in whose Tax Id the patient is going to be billed? From Admission to Inpatient till Discharge, the patient is "Inpatient" in written. During this time all the consultations provided are Inpatient, even if physically provided outside the hospital by the Consulting physician, and so can be billed on Hospital's Tax ID.
But, it is not always compulsory to be billed under Hospital's Tax Id. The Physician also has the option of billing the service on his own Tax ID (eventhough the patient is registered as Inpatient at that point of time).

Hope it Helps.

Related Topics