Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Daniel y Posted Mon 11th of January, 2016 11:12:32 AM

How can we bill S0812? Can we receive the payment from Insurance company for this code? How does it work?

SuperCoder Answered Tue 12th of January, 2016 01:58:24 AM


With an S code, you have a standardized descriptor, and the carrier has a standardized payment policy on that code." The S codes, according to the HCPCS manual, are used "to report drugs, services and supplies for which there are no national codes but for which codes are needed by the private sector.

Some people will pay with the HCPCS code, and some don't recognize it. I would recommend checking with the payer to see if it will reimburse for PTK and which code it prefers.


Related Topics