Kathy Posted 3 month(s) ago
One of my surgeons is interested in performing these procedures.
1) Is there any information out there, as to what payors are allowing/paying for these services?
2) Are they considered investigational or experimental?
3) Is there an effective way to perform & bill these services?
4) Is there specific patient history, treatment, etc. that must be met, before these will be allowed/paid?
5) I see that CMS termed C9737 on 6/30/2015 - did this convert to a CPT or Cat II or II code?
6) Is there any additional information you can provide to help us make the most informed decision?
Thank you. Kath
SuperCoder Posted 3 month(s) ago
Codes C9737 and 0392T are deleted codes. In January 2014, CMS established HCPCS code C9737 to describe the laparoscopic implantation of a magnetic esophageal ring for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which was replaced by code 0392T in July 2015. In 2017 CPT added 43284 to replace a category III code, 0392T (Laparoscopy, surgical, esophageal sphincter augmentation procedure, placement of sphincter augmentation device [i.e., magnetic band]).
This is considered surgical procedure to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease.
Please also check the page no. 3 and 4 of below link:
Please also check the page no 18 of below link:
3 month(s). There are 2 posts.
The latest reply
is from SuperCoder