Live Webinar - Sharpen Your Evaluation and Management Coding SkillsRegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Marilyn Posted Mon 22nd of April, 2019 15:53:19 PM
I need to bill a Nutrition as Preventative. I have tried ?z71.3/97802" but the claim is still being denied. Member has coverage, but I am just being directed to ACA guidelines which I cannot seem to find the answer.
SuperCoder Answered Tue 23rd of April, 2019 03:50:23 AM
Hi Marilyn nbsp For Non Medicare payers you should use the appropriate CPT code from the code range - These codes are specific to preventive medicine services These are age specific codes Use the appropriate CPT code from the provided code range as per the age documented in the records...
Marilyn Posted Wed 24th of April, 2019 11:40:24 AM
The issue with billing 99381-99397 isn't it that Nutritionist cannot use those procedure codes, but only PCP?
SuperCoder Answered Thu 25th of April, 2019 04:05:55 AM
Hi Marilyn nbsp I agree to what you are saying Some payers consider nutritionist as a PCP in their specific plans whereas a lot of them do not consider nutritionist as PCP This may vary as per payer and plans Your billed diagnosis code Z is an unacceptable principal diagnosis...

Related Topics