Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

place of service

Meredith Posted Mon 30th of June, 2014 15:19:20 PM

Our clinic goes to the local paper mill 2 times a month and sees patients while they are on the job, as requested by the mill. What would be our place of service when billing this?

SuperCoder Answered Tue 01st of July, 2014 03:43:45 AM

You should use POS -18, Place of Employment/Worksite.

The code’s description is as follows: “a location, not described by any other POS code, owned or operated by a public or private entity where the patient is employed, and where a health professional provides on-going or episodic occupational medical, therapeutic or rehabilitative services to the individual.”

Thanks !!

Meredith Posted Tue 01st of July, 2014 12:47:33 PM

This POS has been discontinued in my research, what CPT code range should i be looking at?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 03rd of July, 2014 05:06:09 AM

Use of correct code depends upon the medical service that you are rendering. If the provider is performing work-related or medical disability examination then he should bill worker compensation E/M codes 99455-99456. In case of other E/M service provided, you may report 99499 "Unlisted evaluation and management service".

I believe you may not report office or outpatient visit E/M (99201-99215) codes as your clinic is going to the place of employment and not performing services in provider's office.

Also you can use POS-99, Other unlisted facility.

Thanks !!

Related Topics