Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Place of Service

Karin Posted Thu 24th of May, 2012 01:43:54 AM

I have a physician who travels to some independent living facilities to provide his services. We bill them as HOME POS 12. Some times their are employees that work their that want to be seen also. How would you bill for them?? What POS?


SuperCoder Answered Thu 24th of May, 2012 06:15:02 AM

We are researching for the same. Please bear till the time.

SuperCoder Answered Thu 24th of May, 2012 08:06:18 AM

As Assisted Living Facility (13) is not applicable in this scenario, all POS services mentioned in the CPT manual are not matching in this scenario, you should use Other place of service (99). Insurance companies will pay you based on their judgement and applicability of amount compared with any nearest POS code.

Related Topics