Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

PICC coding

Amani Posted Wed 21st of August, 2013 11:40:57 AM

can I use 36569,76937,77001 to report the proceudre?

SuperCoder Answered Wed 21st of August, 2013 21:44:59 PM

You may report these codes for PICC placement if documentation supports them. CPT guidelines for the 36569 range state, “When imaging is used for these procedures, either for gaining access to the venous entry site or for manipulating the catheter into final central position, use 76937, 77001.”

Amani Posted Thu 22nd of August, 2013 11:29:13 AM

I was trying to find the CPT guidelines the one you wrote, but could not find it. Would you please let me know where I can find it? thanks

SuperCoder Answered Thu 22nd of August, 2013 14:28:35 PM

If you're using a paper manual, the guidelines are a little hidden because they apply to all central venous access procedures. That particular guideline is in the last paragraph in the guidelines before 36555. If you're using SuperCoder, you can find the guideline on the code detail page for 36569: I find it easiest to use the Find function. Press CTRL+F and then insert the search term in the Find box that appears. E.g., 76937.

Related Topics