Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Physical Therapy and PFT

Luz Posted Wed 29th of April, 2015 12:52:18 PM

Can a physical therapist(PT), allowed to perform a pulmonary function test(94010) and bill for the Technical Component under her own provider number.

SuperCoder Answered Thu 30th of April, 2015 06:16:27 AM

Spirometry maneuvers can be obtained by a nurse, respiratory therapist, nurse practitioner, physician’s assistant, or in some cases the physician. But, as far as coding is concern, you need to check it with your insurer weather they allow to bill spirometry by a physical therapist or not.

Related Topics