Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Bradley Posted Wed 22nd of April, 2015 10:28:17 AM

question regarding workers comp billing.
Can I bill 99214, 20553,20610 and J1030 with the appropriate modifiers?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 23rd of April, 2015 02:13:00 AM

As per workers compensation provider billing guidelines:
Part B providers must use current HCPC/CPT coding and codes must be properly documented. AMA/CPT guidelines should be used to determine if documentation of a code meets the requirements.
If your documentation suggest that these services were provided on the billed DOS, then you can bill for them. You should add modifier 25 to the E&M code to suggest separate E&M service.

Related Topics