Clinical Documentation: Connecting the Dots | Join Webinar & Earn 1 AAPC® CEURegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

PA done in facility

Lori Posted Wed 18th of September, 2019 18:34:55 PM
Not sure if you will have an answer since it's not a coding question. But I have been billing claims and doing PA for 20 years. Previously when you did a PA for example a SCS implant you would auth the 63685 and the 63650 generator and leads for the professional fees. You would list the rendering provider and the facility as the location. That auth would then include all charges by the facility, the charges for the anesthesiologist automatically. Has anything changed?
SuperCoder Answered Thu 19th of September, 2019 08:38:37 AM


Thanks for your question.

The facility will bill under its TIN number and Tax ID for all services rendered on the date of service.

There are no changes as such, all charges for the facility, rendering provider and rendering anesthesiologist will be billed by facility only. Ensure rendering provider and anesthesiologist are not billing for their services under their respective NPI numbers.

Hope this helps.



Related Topics