Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


SMS Posted Mon 09th of February, 2015 18:41:33 PM

We now have a PA and she is doing all the catheter teaching in office. She spends up to 30 minutes or more with the patient. This is well documented. How should I code this. I have always coded it as an 51701 when the nurse did it.

SuperCoder Answered Tue 10th of February, 2015 03:41:46 AM

Is he doing catheter teaching or inserting catheter? Catheter teaching is included in E/M performed on same day in office. Thanks !!

Related Topics