B Posted Wed 04th of May, 2016 09:50:11 AM
I need the proper diagnosis and procedure codes for the operative report below
1. Left shoulder impingement syndrome with partial rotator cuff
2. Inferior labral tear.
1. Left shoulder arthroscopy.
2. Subacromial decompression.
4. Subacromial bursectomy.
5. Debridement of torn labrum.
6. Intraarticular injection of anesthetic.
SuperCoder Answered Thu 05th of May, 2016 08:49:09 AM
CPT code 29826 is billed for this procedure. However, The CPT code +29826 changed from a standalone to an add-on code in 2012, meaning that you can now report this only when your surgeon does another scope procedure as the primary procedure. So use any Primary code 29822 or 29823 depending upon the documentation of OP report with M75.82