Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Nutritional Services need help finding right CPT

Eric Posted Thu 30th of September, 2010 15:37:54 PM

Need help finding the CPT code for initial nutrition consult and follow up vists for patient with Osteoporosis.

SuperCoder Answered Thu 30th of September, 2010 19:34:47 PM

You have some options depending on who's providing the counseling. If a physician provides, you can code based on time since counseling will be majority of face-to-face encounter. For a nonphysician provider, you can use 97802 for intitial and 97803 for followup visits. For requirements on these codes, see

Jen Godreau, CPC, CPEDC
Content Director,

Related Topics