Janet Posted Tue 07th of January, 2014 14:30:11 PM
Are you able to perform NIPS tesing in an office?
SuperCoder Answered Wed 08th of January, 2014 18:50:27 PM
This procedure is typically not performed as an in-office ICD evaluation, but commonly in an EP lab.
• Report with code 93623 if other medications are evaluated.
• Do not report on the same day of service as the device implantation.
• Code 93624 is reserved for follow-up studies performed at a separate session or subsequent day to test the effectiveness of chronic therapy. NCCI edits prohibit 93624 with any of the ablation codes when performed at the same session or same day.
• Do not report this code for electronic analysis of the device.
• Assign modifier 26 to describe the professional component of hospital-based services.