Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

new inpatient consult codes

SuperCoder Posted Mon 03rd of June, 2013 14:48:43 PM

What consult codes do I use for established inpt.s since 99251-99255 is inactive

SuperCoder Answered Tue 04th of June, 2013 19:37:34 PM

Effective for services furnished on or after January 1, 2010, inpatient consultation
codes (CPT codes 99251 – 99255) and office and other outpatient consultation codes
(CPT codes 99241 – 99245) are no longer recognized by Medicare for Part B payment
purposes. Physicians and NPPs who furnish services that, prior to January
1, 2010, would have been reported as CPT consultation codes should report the
appropriate E/M visit code in order to bill for these services beginning January 1, 2010.

Related Topics