Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Negative pressure wound therapy

Ingrid Posted Wed 08th of March, 2017 10:56:17 AM
If a medical assistant performs a wound VAC dressing change (97605) in the office can she/he charge for their services? The physician did not see the patient that day.
SuperCoder Answered Thu 09th of March, 2017 03:55:52 AM


Yes, a licenced medical assistant may charge for this service. Also, please check your payer preference before going ahead with the final billing. Thank you.

Ingrid Posted Thu 09th of March, 2017 10:05:04 AM
Thank you for checking on this for us. Would you please tell me where you were able to locate this information? I couldn't find it.
SuperCoder Answered Fri 10th of March, 2017 04:40:28 AM


There is information available on the CMS site regarding the billing of wound VAC codes. One such link is given below for your reference:

Hope this helps! Thank you.

Related Topics