Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all


Wesley Posted Tue 18th of October, 2016 15:26:06 PM
Are we able to append modifier KX to 76815 and 76816? If it was previously denied for benefits maxed.
SuperCoder Answered Wed 19th of October, 2016 06:16:06 AM

Yes, you may append modifier KX to CPT codes 76815 and 76816.

If your health insurance is maxed out, you may be able to qualify for government sponsored coverage to continue with necessary treatments.

You could also contact your insurance company and ask them what provisions they may have to get around the limitations. You may have to pay higher copays or forgo all but the necessary treatments, but it may still be possible to continue using your health coverage.

Related Topics