Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Modifier and Laboratory CPT codes

SuperCoder Posted Fri 23rd of December, 2011 21:18:50 PM

When you are billing for Laboratory tests, there are different tests that all use the same CPT code 83520. what modifiers would we use to ensure the insurance companies understand that these are seperate tests not the same test? The insurance companies are also considering CPT 83516 has an unbundled relationship with CPT 83519,how do we correct an unbundled relationship?

SuperCoder Answered Mon 26th of December, 2011 05:02:17 AM

As per CCI edits:
Code 83516 is a column 2 code for 83519, but a modifier is allowed in order to differentiate between the services provided.
So, you can bill both using modifier 59 with CPT 83516

Related Topics