Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

J-tube insert

Linda Posted Thu 27th of January, 2011 19:14:32 PM

How would you code two physicians, surgeon and gastroenterologist working together for J-tube insertion?

SuperCoder Answered Fri 28th of January, 2011 18:01:42 PM

For J-tube insertion doesn't allow cosurgeon or any such concept, but it allows involvement of multiple physicians, but one should be the Primary Physician, and others as Asst. In the above case, firstly the documentation should support who is Primary physician. Need to code the report as per the concept of usage of modifier 80.

Linda Posted Fri 04th of February, 2011 21:09:24 PM

So, since modifier 62 and 80 are not allowed on this procedure,only one physician can bill for the insert?

Related Topics