Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Intraoperative Consult

Wendy Posted Thu 16th of April, 2015 13:43:51 PM

Is it possible to bill an intraoperative consult when the patient is under anesthesia? If yes, what would the CPT code be? Our urologists are sometimes called into a surgery from a general surgeon to evaluate the patient's ureters or bladder for something suspicious.

SuperCoder Answered Fri 17th of April, 2015 03:42:52 AM

For an intraoperative consult use codes 99251 through 99255 (initial inpatient consultations) or 99241 through 99245 (office or other outpatient consultations), based on the documentation of component and time spent.

Related Topics