Connect to the Online Code Search That’s Right for You! START COMPARING >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask an Expert Starting at $24.95

Have a medical coding question? Get definitive answers from TCI SuperCoder's Ask an Expert.

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all
Kristy Posted Fri 03rd of November, 2017 12:23:51 PM
Is there a code for interpretation services that we can use to bill an insurance? We pay an interpreter for services and were wondering if there is any way to recoup that expense as it is often more then the office visit itself? In this case it is a commercial insurance.
SuperCoder Answered Mon 06th of November, 2017 00:41:45 AM

This depends on the commercial insurance provider and/or the state where the service is being provided. In general, HCPCS code T1013 is used for oral interpretation services along with the appropriate CPT code for the medical encounter. Please find the following links for your reference: Reports/council-on-medical-service/a11-cms-interpreter-services.pdf

Thank you.

Related Topics