louise Posted Wed 22nd of April, 2020 06:37:21 AM
3. Right superficial peroneal nerve and sural nerve neuroplasty. 64704
4. Right lesser saphenous venolysis. 37799
5. Right lower extremity Integra placed.15273, 15274
6. Right lower extremity wound VAC placement. not billed
27365 = 13 x 14 cm circumferential excision of the radical tumor, performed with adjuvant neuroplasty of the sural and superficial peroneal nerves, and venolysis of the lesser saphenous. All hardware removed . Wound thoroughly irrigated and debrided and Integra
SuperCoder Answered Thu 23rd of April, 2020 05:55:58 AM
As per the provided report appropriate code will be as follows:
1). The appropriate CPT code for right superficial peroneal nerve and sural nerve neuroplasty will 64704 X 2.
2) For right lesser saphenous venolysis CPT 37799 is correct.
3) For right lower extremity Integra, CPT 15273, 15274 is correct.
Note: CPT 15273 is used when the provider uses a skin substitute, such as an allograft or xenograft, to cover wounds on the patient’s trunk, arms, and/or legs that are greater than or equal to 100 cm2. This code covers the first 100 cm2 in a patient 10 years or older, or 1 percent of the body area of infants and children under 10. Please check your operative report documentation for area covered, if area is less than 100 sq cm then code will be changed.
4) CPT 27365 is correct if provider removes a tumor from the femur or knee. In 27365, the provider identifies the site of the tumor and makes an incision over it. He dissects the surrounding periosteum and the neurovascular structures. The provider excises the tumor along with some healthy tissues surrounding the tumor and sends it to pathology for further analysis. He then flushes the site with sterile saline, assures hemostasis, and closes the incision with sutures in layers.
(For radical resection of tumor, soft tissue of thigh or knee area, see 27329, 27364)
Hope this helps!