Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Immunization counseling

Christine Posted Thu 31st of May, 2012 09:17:31 AM

I see children in my practice and perform immunization counseling for them prior to them receiving their shots. They go downstairs to our immunization clinic (administered by Public Health) to receive their shots. Am I allowed to bill for the counseling portion even though they do not get their shots in my clinic?

SuperCoder Answered Thu 31st of May, 2012 10:31:03 AM

You may report your services with 99401-99404 (depending upon the total face to face time).

Related Topics