Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

How to code an endoscopic repositioning of a j tube.

Carol Posted Thu 24th of February, 2011 19:30:18 PM

The patient currently has a gastrostomy tube but it was malfunctioning so the gastroenterologist used the endoscope to reposition the J tube. The codes in the CPT indicate replacement using fluoro and contrast but this was not done in our particular instance.

SuperCoder Answered Sun 27th of February, 2011 15:11:47 PM

Unlisted procedure 43499

Related Topics