Clinical Documentation: Connecting the Dots | Join Webinar & Earn 1 AAPC® CEURegister Now >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Gastroenterology supplies and materials

Federico Posted Sun 25th of September, 2011 22:42:52 PM

Some of the local insurance companies and the local medicare carrier consider the Gastroenterology CPT codes "all inclusive" with regards to materials used (such as Electrocautery Pads, EndoClips and Disposable Bx forceps) when the endoscopy is performed in the physician's office. Medicare cease to pay for the HCPCS code A4550 many years ago and won't accept the 99070 for the disposable supplies. Many of our Gastroenterology clients refuse to use reusable supplies. Is there a HCPCS code that would cover these supplies??

SuperCoder Answered Mon 26th of September, 2011 02:30:44 AM

No such code that can be separately billable

Related Topics