Don't have a TCI SuperCoder account yet? Become a Member >>

Regular Price: $24.95

Ask An Expert Starting at $24.95
Have a medical coding or compliance question? Don’t sacrifice your valuable time to endless research. Choose Ask an Expert to get clear answers from the TCI SuperCoder team. And here’s a tip for the budget-conscious: Select the 12-question pack to get the best rate per question!

Browse Past Questions By Specialty

+View all

Flushot given by MA

Marita Posted Fri 21st of February, 2014 03:26:06 AM

Can you bill 99211 with the administration of a flu shot to an est. patient by an MA? If so, how would this be coded?

SuperCoder Answered Fri 21st of February, 2014 16:35:34 PM

Yes you can code it.

Bill for a MA visit only when a distinct and separate service is performed. Do not bill a MA visit in place of another CPT® code, which more accurately describes the service, such as venipuncture or an injection. Use the CPT® code that most accurately describes the service. Both CPT® and Medicare require you to bill for the service that most accurately describes the code and if administration of the flu vaccine is what is done, bill that code.

Related Topics